Ordinary/ Tourist Visa: This visa is issued at any Tanzanian embassy. It grants tourists/ visitors the authorization to enter the country through designated entry points on the border, through airports and harbor stations. However, a person coming from a country with no access to a Tanzanian embassy or where it is reasonably distant shall be issued a visa at the entry points in Tanzania.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO OBSERVE AND COMPLY WITH ALL VISA REGULATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS OUTLINED BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
VISA REGULATIONS AND NOTICES:
The duration to remain in the country is determined by the immigration officer at the port of entry.
All visas are valid from the date of issuance. In the event a visa expires before it is utilized, the applicant will have to re-apply for a new one.
- A complete visa application form.
- Valid Passport (At least 6 months before expiration).
- Two passport size photograph recently taken.
- Visas will not be processed without a valid driver's license
- Provide proof of travel plans (e.g. FLIGHT ITENERARY, TICKET, TOUR OPERATOR PACKAGE RECEIPTS) to and from Tanzania.
- Parental Approval for minors: Visa applications for minors under 18 years, should be accompanied with a notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
Business or Professional engagement visa applications MUST be supported by a letter of invitation from a Tanzanian counterpart or letter of intent for the same by the sending institution.
Visas for research and journalism will only be granted after the applicant has been cleared by The Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and Tanzania Information Services (MAELEZO) respectively
P.O. BOX 4302, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL: 255-22-27O.0750/ 270.0745
FAX: NO. 255-22-275313
P.O. BOX 9142, Dar es salaam -Tanzania
TEL:255-22-211-0585/ 212.2771/ 211.2860,
No Visa is required for nationals of the following countries: Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Hong Kong, Kenya, Leshoto, Malawi, Malaysia, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Referred Visas are required for nationals of the following countries: Afghanistan, Abkhazia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Lebanon, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Palestine, Refugees and Stateless individuals, Senegal, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzten, and Sri Lanka.
IT IS EMPHASIZED THAT NATIONALS AND PERSONS OF THE MENTIONED COUNTRIES AND/OR CATEGORIES ABOVE MAY NOT BE ALLOWED ENTRY INTO TANZANIA WITHOUT BEING IN POSSESSION OF REFERRED VISAS. See "Types of Visa" above for more information about referred visas
- Immunization - vaccination against cholera and malaria is recommended.
- Yellow fever vaccination is required for ALL persons from yellow fever endemic countries/regions.
- All individuals in transit for 12 hours or more and/or who leave the immediate airport vicinity in a yellow fever endemic area are required to get vaccinated.
- All individuals from yellow fever endemic regions traveling by way of air, marine and land are required to get vaccinated.
- Pet licenses/ certificates are required when traveling with pets to Tanzania.
Tourists/ Visitors may also obtain visas upon arrival at any entry point in Tanzania, but it is HIGHLY recommended that you secure a visa before traveling to Tanzania. Visas can be obtained from any Tanzanian embassy abroad.
Tanzania tourist visa fees for citizens of United States
|Type of visa||Maximum validity||Processing time||Embassy fee||Service fee||Total cost|
|Single Entry||up to 180 days||4 business days||$ 120.00||+ $ 44.95||= $ 164.95|
|Double Entry||up to 180 days||4 business days||$ 120.00||+ $ 44.95||= $ 164.95|