You can apply for U.S. Passport Renewal if:

  • You already have an undamaged U.S. passport
  • Your passport was issued within the last 15 years
  • You were over the age of 16 when the Passport was issued
  • You have not changed the name that appears on your Passport
  • You have legal documentation of a name change.
None of the above? Return to U.S. passport services guide.

Fill out the following documents for new U.S. Passport:

U.S. Passport Renewal Order Form
Complete our order form indicating turnaround time for new passport service.

U.S. passport renewal application DS-82 online
Fill out new passport application form online. Click on "Continue" under "Apply for a Passport Book" column, complete all required fields and print out the application. Do not sign the application form. The original form must be signed in front of the Acceptance Agent. To find the nearest Acceptance Agent, use U.S. Department of State Acceptance Agent Locator . The DS-11 form must be completed online, applications without a barcode will be delayed.

Letter of Authorization
Download, print out, sign and date this letter of authorization. Important: Please enclose an additional copy of the Letter of Authorization outside of the envelope sealed by the Acceptance Agent.

Two (2) passport photos
Photos must be identical, taken within the past 6 months, 2x2 inches, and not from a vending machine.

Old (most recent) undamaged passport
Make sure that your old passport:

  1. Was issued within the last 15 years.
  2. You were at least 16 years of age at the time.
  3. You have not legally changed your name since the issue date.

If you cannot comply with at least one of the above or your old passport is damaged you have to apply for a new passport.
NOTE: Your previous passport will be returned to you with your new passport.

Proof of Identity

  • A valid driver's license issued more than 6 months ago, or
  • Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity).

Note: If you changed your legal name you will need to provide a certified copy of either a marriage certificate or a name change court decree.

If applying for a Minor please read US passport requirements for minors.

Travel itinerary

  1. Copy of a plane ticket to a foreign country, or
  2. Copy of a travel itinerary with the applicant's name showing dates and flight information, or if neither is available and traveling for business
  3. A letter from the employer.

For 24 hour passport service, travel dates must be within 14 days.

Government Fees
Certified Check or money order payable to the "U.S. Department of State" for $170 (adults - 16 years or older)  

Passport fees have increased and go into effect on Tuesday, July 13, 2010.

Getting the Documents for New Passport Application Authorized

Please include the following documents:

  1. Signed and dated Application Form for passport renewal (DS-82)
  2. Expired Passport
  3. Two (2) Passport Photos
  4. Signed Letter of Authorization
  5. Travel itinerary (24 hour passport renewal service only)
  6. Certified Check or Money Order for $135 payable to the U.S. Department of State

Mail to this address:
Travel and Visa
925 B Peachtree Street # 344
Atlanta, GA 30309

For faster service and accurate tracking we recommend using FedEx, UPS, or certified USPS Mail.


Travel and Visa is a non-government based Passport and Visa expediting service. We work directly with the U.S. Department of State Passport Agencies to expedite new Passport applications, Passport renewals, and amendments to valid Passports, such as applying for a name change or obtaining additional visa pages in your existing passport.

We work directly with all the different country Embassy’s, Consulates, and Visa Centers to expedite and obtain on your behalf the requested Visa.

If you don't require a Passport expediting service or don’t require Visa services, you may apply directly through the U.S. Department of State , and avoid paying additional service fees, same for all the different Visa countries, see per country the Embassy plus Consulates listed.

We offer reasonable and competitive prices to expedited and obtain the requested Visa on your behalf. Our regular Visa service rate starts from $49.95. However, you can go to the foreign consulate of the Visa country to apply for the Visa in person to avoid paying additional fees. Please see the specific Visa country page for country-specific embassy and consulate information. There you can find information on how to obtain the Visa on your own.

Our additional service fees include Visa specialists to help you with your application forms to avoid delays and the hassle of having to wait in line yourself. We are here to assist you in the easiest and quickest ways possible. Just contact us by phone or email, we handle that hassle for you, and we serve nationwide with just one mailing address to deal with!